Installed in May 1997, the UC Davis Aeronautical Wind Tunnel is used for both academic instruction and university affiliated research. The AWT is an open circuit tunnel with a 33.6" x 48" closed test section. A 125 horsepower motor produces a maximum velocity of 165 mph through the test section.
Turbulence levels have been determined to be < 0.1% throughout the velocity range. A pyramidal balance measures all six force and moment components over a wide range of angle of attack and angle of yaw.
- Technical specifications
- Quantitative details on performance and control
- Technical drawings and dimensions
- Research at UC Davis with the AWT
- Academic courses using the AWT
- Where to find the UC Davis Aeronautical Wind Tunnel Facility and how to get there
- More photos
- A collection of photos of the AWT
- Contact information
- Contacts for additional information about the AWT and these web pages
- Aeronautical Design Group
- Information on Professor C.P. van Dam's Aeronautical Design Group
- Other UC Davis wind tunnels
- Information on the other wind tunnel facilities at UC Davis